Protect Your Teeth While You Sleep
Nightguards are an essential tool for protecting your teeth and preventing damage caused by bruxism, or teeth grinding. At Monahan Dentistry and Implant Center, we are committed to providing high-quality nightguards to help our patients sleep soundly and wake up feeling refreshed.
What is Bruxism?
Bruxism is the medical term for teeth grinding, and it affects millions of people every year. Many people are unaware that they grind their teeth at night because it often happens while they sleep. Over time, this can cause significant damage to your teeth, including worn-down enamel, chipped or cracked teeth, and even jaw problems.
Symptoms of bruxism include:
- Tooth pain or sensitivity
- Jaw pain or stiffness
- Neck or shoulder pain
- Tired or tight jaw muscles
If you experience any of these symptoms, it is important to speak with Dr. Monahan about nightguards.
What are Nightguards?
Nightguards are custom-made dental appliances designed to fit your teeth and protect them from the damaging effects of bruxism. They are typically worn at night while you sleep and work by cushioning your teeth and preventing them from grinding against each other.
There are several types of nightguards available, including:
- Soft nightguards: These are made from a soft, pliable material and are the most comfortable type of nightguard. However, they are not as durable as other types and may need to be replaced more frequently.
- Dual laminate nightguards: These are made from a combination of soft and hard materials and are more durable than soft nightguards.
- Hard nightguards: These are made from a hard plastic material and are the most durable type of nightguard. However, they may be less comfortable to wear than other types.
Monahan Dentistry and Implant Center offers custom-made nightguards that are designed to fit your teeth perfectly and provide maximum protection against bruxism.
Benefits of Nightguards
There are several benefits to wearing nightguards, including:
- Protecting your teeth: Nightguards cushion your teeth and prevent them from grinding against each other, which can cause significant damage over time.
- Reducing pain: Nightguards can help reduce the pain and discomfort associated with bruxism, including headaches, tooth pain, and jaw pain.
- Improving sleep quality: By reducing the symptoms of bruxism, nightguards can help improve the quality of your sleep, allowing you to wake up feeling refreshed and energized.
- Saving money: By protecting your teeth from damage caused by bruxism, nightguards can help save you money on expensive dental treatments down the road.
Your Nightguard Consultation with Dr. Shawn Monahan
If you suffer from bruxism, a nightguard from Dr. Monahan can help protect your teeth and improve your quality of life. Our custom-made nightguards are designed to fit your teeth perfectly and provide maximum protection against teeth grinding.
To schedule a consultation or learn more about our nightguards, contact us today. We are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality dental care and helping them achieve optimal oral health.